In addition to handling employment litigation, Schwartz Edelstein Law Group also provides training and counseling to Human Resource professionals, personnel departments, in-house counsel and management in order to ensure compliance with all facets of labor and employment law and workforce management.
Whether a company is engaging in a reduction-in-force or needs advice as to wage and hour issues, our attorneys are always available to assist. Numerous matters we frequently assist our clients with are as follows:
- Offer letters and the hiring process
- Independent contractor arrangements
- Restrictive covenants
- Preparation and revision of employee manuals and personnel policies
- Workplace investigations
- Substance abuse
- Promotions and demotions
- Reductions in force and reorganizations
- Discipline and discharge of employees
- Severance agreements
- Preventative labor relations
- Contract negotiation and administration
Additionally, our attorneys provide seminars and training to entities of all sizes on a variety of topics, include anti-harassment and anti-discrimination training, reasonable accommodations, employer best-practices and social media.